PreSonus Eris E4.5 Review
PreSonus Eris E4.5: A Pair of Loud & Powerful Studio Monitors
PreSonus Eris E4.5 might seem like entry-level studio monitors if you look at their price, but if you take a closer look at their specs, you will see why many professionals swear by them. These speakers are capable of reproducing high-quality audio in a wide frequency spectrum. They’re also very loud, with a pretty impressive 50-Watt amp.
These speakers also look very nice. Their all-black design makes them a good choice for any room. Furthermore, PreSonus Eris E4.5 speakers are made of top-quality materials, meaning that you can expect them to serve you well for a long time.
- Size– Diameter of the Kevlar woofer of PreSonus Eris E4.5 is 4.5 inches, while the silk dome tweeter is 1 inch big. The dimensions of the enclosure are 9.45 inches (h) x 6.42 inches (w) x 7.09 inches (d), which means that you won’t have any problems finding them a place in your room/studio.
- Amplifier– These speakers use a system of Class AB amplifiers which supply them with a total of 50 Watts.
- Audio performances– These speakers can reproduce audio in the frequency range of 70 Hz – 20 kHz, while their maximum continuous SPL is 100 decibels.
- Controls– The controls are placed at the back of the speakers and that’s where you can adjust their volume, adjust bass, mids, and highs, and, of course, switch them on and off.
- Design– Both speakers in this 2.0 set are black, with only the company’s logo standing out with a different color. Because they’re monochrome, they won’t stand out wherever you put them.
- Warranty– Manufactured by a reputable American company, these speakers are bound to last for a long time. But, if something goes wrong with them, the manufacturer is obliged to get it fixed for free during the 1-year warranty period.
- Impressive audio– These speakers are great in terms of audio performances. They can reproduce the sound in a wide range of frequencies, without creating any unwanted noises along the way. They perform best when it comes to playing mids, although their bass sounds pretty powerful.
- Simple controls– You have all kinds of buttons on the back side of the speakers, which will allow you to adjust their audio performances. This way, you will be able to set the speakers to perform according to your taste.
- Quality & durability– Top-quality materials are used in the construction of these speakers, which adds to their sturdiness. Even if you use them heavily, you shouldn’t be concerned that they would malfunction.
- Classy design– Thanks to the fact that they’re black, these speakers go well with any room design.
- Price– For the price of less than 200 dollars, you will get a pair of top-quality studio monitors which are guaranteed to serve you well for many, many years.
- Wired speakers– Considering their rather compact size, some would expect these speakers to feature Bluetooth, which would add to the convenience. Unfortunately, a wireless connection isn’t possible with PreSonus Eris E4.5 as they don’t have a Bluetooth adapter.
- No remote control– In order to change the audio settings, you will need to use the buttons found at the back of the speakers. This can be pretty inconvenient, especially if you’ve placed them next to a wall. It would be much better if PreSonus Eris E4.5 came with a remote.
Here’s a pair of reasonably-priced studio monitors which can create very accurate sound at a wide spectrum of frequencies. What this means is that if you’re a true audio aficionado, you won’t be able to find too many complaints about PreSonus Eris E4.5.