Yamaha HS7 Review
Yamaha HS7: All You Need to Know about This 100-Watt Studio Monitor Speaker
If you’re looking for a reasonably-priced studio monitor speaker with impressive audio performance, we might have one for you. We’re talking, of course, about Yamaha HS7, a 100-Watt speaker with a 6.5-inch woofer.
First off, this speaker is really impressive in terms of audio quality. It produces accurate sound in a wide range of frequencies. Actually, its frequency response is 43Hz-30 kHz, which basically covers all the frequencies that the human ear can hear.
Apart from being great at creating clear sound, this speaker is also amazing for another fact – it’s super-loud. This shouldn’t surprise you, considering that it uses a system of bi-amplifiers, which gives it a kick of almost 100 Watts.
And the great things about Yamaha HS7 don’t end there. This monitor speaker is also awesome for its durability and sturdiness. Yamaha HS7 is built to last for a really long time, causing you zero troubles along the way.
- Size– The size of the woofer is 6.5 inches, while Yamaha HS7’s tweeter is 1 inch in diameter. Its overall dimensions are 14.4 x 12.6 x 19 inches. This is a pretty decent size both for regular-size rooms and smaller studios. It’s going to fit right in. And if you decide to move it from one place to another, you won’t have big problems as this speaker is only 20 pounds heavy.
- Amplifier– Yamaha HS7 uses a bi-amplifier system to enhance the performance both of the woofer and the tweeter. The woofer is powered by a 60W amplifier, while an amp of 35 Watts powers the tweeter of this speaker.
- Frequency response– This monitor speaker produces clear sound at almost all the frequencies that the human ear can hear. In fact, its frequency range is 43Hz-30 kHz.
- Controls– With a single push of a button, you can turn on the option ROOM CONTROL which will take care of unnatural low-end noises that occur when the speaker is placed too close to the wall. And if you want to deal with high-end distortions, the only thing you need to do is press the HIGH TRIM button.
- Design– Same as any other monitor speaker from this series of products, Yamaha HS7 is also available in two styles – all-white and black & white combo, in which the white part is its woofer.
- Quality– When it comes to the durability of this speaker, the only thing we got to say is that it’s made by Yamaha. This Japanese company is one of the most reputable manufacturers of audio equipment on the planet, meaning that you can be sure that their products aren’t going to break easily. That said, you can expect Yamaha HS7 to work well long after its 1-year warranty is over.
- Impressive audio quality– Yamaha speakers are famous for the accuracy of the sound they produce and Yamaha HS7 is no exception. This speaker creates clear sound in a wide range of frequencies, which is why it’s commonly seen in professional music studios.
- Powerful amp– With a 100 Watts provided by the system of amplifiers, this speaker can play the music really loud.
- Easy to use– Setting it up and using this speaker is very simple. Plus, there are some controls at the back that will do all the work for you. All you’re required to do is press a button.
- Easy on the eyes– All of the speakers from this series look pretty nice. The classic design of the speaker makes it no problem to make it fit in your room or studio.
- Sturdy and durable– Even if you use this speaker on a regular basis, you have nothing to worry that it’s going to break. Yamaha products are famous for their sturdiness and durability.
- Reasonable price– You probably won’t be able to find a better studio monitor speaker in the same price range as Yamaha HS7.
- Not suitable for large rooms– If you need a speaker for a large space, better go with a larger one. For example, Yamaha HS8 seems like a good choice.
You can’t make a mistake whichever Yamaha speaker you buy. But, if you want nothing but the best, our advice is to go with Yamaha HS7, a top-quality monitor speaker that produces accurate sound at all frequencies.